HaYarkon 96 is a historic Bauhaus building. Combining an ultra-modern tower, it is located in HaYarkon street in Tel Aviv. The building is a composition of old and new, art and real estate.
The original building was constructed in 1935 by architect Pinchas Bieżoński (1885–1992), shaped like a “ח” surrounding a long front yard. One of the entrepreneurs, Zalman Shoval, and his family, lived there themselves between 1940 and the 1970s. An earlier residence was France’s general counsel. Later on its residents were the Chop family whose identification with Palmach resulted in hiding there Yigal Alon from the British who used to gather in the nearby club.
In 2012, the building was re-launched after a careful reconstruction, and received an addition in the center of its head, nine floors high. These floors, in a goal to reach historic Israeli innovation, made up a new luxury tower with 45 apartments, spreading in two parts. The project’s bottom and front part is combined of two timely Bauhaus buildings that was reconstructed from scratch, while keeping their front. Combined above them is a new luxury building of 9 floors.
The 400-meter lobby, which is one of Israel’s most luxurious ones, hosts an art show with a changeable dynamics of Israel artist.